Tutorial - Very short tutorial on what needs to be done to start a new project from scratch which utilizes the wiki and board.
- Community - General purpose features like user profiles
- Wiki - Easiest way to add content to your site ;)
- Board/Forum - Full featured Forum application (Message Board).
- LinkList - A simple linklist application.
- Comments - Allows you to easily use forum categories attached to your models.
- Search - Search (currently only for the forum)
Contributing - If you want to help and improve SCT read here what you can do
- Badges - Show your support for SCT on your website
SPH SETTINGS - global Sphene Community Tools settings configured in your settings.py
See Downloads Section.
- sphenecoll/ Collection of django application (the base source for SCT).
- static/ Static media files which contain images and css.
- Django 1.0 or later
- Python >= 2.4 (Use >= 2.5 if you need wiki diffs with unicode support)
- PyCrypto - (e.g. debian package python-crypto)
- Python Imaging Library (PIL)
(Note: Since 0.6 SCT also comes with an experimental setup.py - if you are using (e.g. by executing: python setup.py install) please provide feedback on http://sct.sphene.net/ or email@example.com if it worked or if you encountered any problems.)
You need to add sphenecoll/ to your python include path and static/ needs to be served from your django installation. (static/sphene/ is enough)
To recaulcate heat for forum threads and similar, you should add the following cronjob to run once a day (or similar)
SCT makes use of django caching framework - it is therefore advised to configure CACHE_BACKEND django setting & co. look at the django caching documentation
Please follow the search documentation.
The most complete example on how to use SCT in a web site is the CommunityDraft - it is bundled in releases and is the best way to get started. (http://sct.sphene.net uses an unmodified version of CommunityDraft)
SCT also contains a very simplistic example under communitytools/examples/simpleproject (see Tutorial).