Copyright © 2007-2018 by Herbert Poul

You are not logged in.
Login
Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » Feature Discussions » Locking and moving threads/posts, among other things

Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

ok thanks.. i just think about how much it needs to be integrated into the board.. or if it should be simply a "default" thread which contains a link to the new thread without any special data structure ..
MyghtyBoard dynamically reassigns the thread to the new category and then creates a new thread (same author, title, etc.) with a single post indicating that the thread has moved. In MyghtyBoard threads and posts are separate models. You would only worry about Post objects, obviously.
what do you mean with .. reads ? how many different people have accessed the thread ? - because what happens if a new post is added to the thread.. should every hit count as new read ? - what happens to anonymous users ?

It would indicate how many times the thread has been accessed by anyone, even anonymous users. To keep it simple, it should probably just blindly increment a counter on every access, even if someone has accessed the thread before.
"Never quote yourself" -- Daniel Ellison
btw. you don't have by any chance a nice question-mark image available which is free to use ? ;)
Not handy, but I can take a look around. I'll see what I can find. If all else fails, I'll get one of my designers to come up with something.
Daniel Ellison said @ 2007-08-10 02:11:11:
It would indicate how many times the thread has been accessed by anyone, even anonymous users. To keep it simple, it should probably just blindly increment a counter on every access, even if someone has accessed the thread before.
well .. that is exactly what i ment with 'hits' actually :) so we are talking from the same thing ?

Daniel Ellison said @ 2007-08-10 02:23:16:
Not handy, but I can take a look around. I'll see what I can find. If all else fails, I'll get one of my designers to come up with something.

would be cool if you can find one .. i have search with google but didn't come up with one :(
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)
well .. that is exactly what i ment with 'hits' actually :) so we are talking from the same thing ?
We are indeed talking about the same thing. :)
would be cool if you can find one .. i have search with google but didn't come up with one :(

Ok, I'll take a look around.
Here's a quick image for a missing avatar I came up with this morning. It'll do as a placeholder for now, I think.
cool thanks .. so .. i've now implemented avatars :)
documentation is still missing though...
Looks good to me! I'll bet you never suspected you were talking with a dog! :) Thanks for getting this in place. It'll really help.
Hey, my newforms doesn't include an ImageField, so it' giving me errors when I try to edit my profile (runing locally on dev server). Is there a particular django branch I need to be using for this functionality to be available?
it's the latest version from trunk .. what version are you running ?
Looks like that fixed it! Apparently the ImageField was only added to the trunk five days ago.

I've hesitated keeping completely up to date with the trunk since they said that auto_now and auto_now_add were going away. I didn't want to have to go through and figure out what to use instead. Ok, aso I'm lazy! :)

Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

Please login to post a reply.