Changelog for Sphene Community Tools.
(The issue numbers refer to the google code hosting issue tracker.)
Please checkout the Issue Tracker for a complete list of changes.
This release adds many new features to the forum and contains various bug fixes. It is still compatible with django 1.0.
- Added option for Quick Reply in the forum.
- Allow moving of individual posts into another forum category
- Use of nice slug urls for forum threads
- Allow admins to remove posts
- added a simple setup.py which can be used for installation (still requires feedback as i am not very fond of writing install scripts for python)
- Many smaller bugfixes like finally supporting the group name in the URL instead the hostname
The main purpose of this release is to be compatible with django 1.0 See the issue tracker for a complete list of changes.
Major Feature Enhancements
- Comments for wiki snips (Forum categories can now be linked to any django model)
- Search functionality for the forum using xapian (see Search)
See the issue tracker for a complete list of issues resolved in this version.
Major Feature Enhancements
- Role Permissions:
- Tagging: the Community application now implements a basic "tagging framework" - the Wiki uses it by allowing snips to be tagged as well as the Blog application allows it for blog posts. (tagging of forum posts is planned for the next release - feedback would be appreciated)
- Translations: Most strings in SCT (Community, Board and Wiki) are now translated into german, polish and korean.
- Modifications to the title and tags of wiki snips are now recorded and listed in the wiki snip changes.
- Forum posts are now counted and displayed in the user information.
- The latest 10 forum posts are displayed in the users profile.
- LinkList and Blog: In this release the architecture of the Forum was improved to allow easier extensibility - Based on this there are two new applications in SCT:
- General (Community)
- Issue 35: Board - Introduced counting of thread - views as well as calculating the "heat" of a thread.
- Issue 55: Board - Administrators can now annotate and hide user posts without directly editing the posts.
- Issue 36: Allow user to recover lost passwords
- Issue 44: Added advanced customizable User Profiles.
- Issue 52: Added support for avatars in the User Profiles
- Issue 50: Board - It is now possible to extend the board by introducing custom renderers (beside bbcode and markdown)
- Issue 10: Board - Administrators can now lock threads.
- Issue 54: Board - Allow moving of threads between categories by an administrator.
- Issue 49: Wiki - Snip history allowed circumventing permissions
- Issue 22: Replaced the need for 'request.attributes' which made problems e.g. in combination with the flatpage application.
- Issue 61: Made upload_to path configurable for avatar upload and wiki attachments.
- Issue 27: It is now possible to allow anonymous wiki edits using captchas.
- Issue 28: Added possibility to post forum posts using the markdown markup language instead of bbcode.
- Issue 30: Allowed deleting of wiki attachments.
- Issue 34: Created first draft of wiki snip -> pdf generation.
- Issue 37: Added a 'Redirect' wiki macro which allows to create wiki snip aliases.
- Issue 39: Made regular expression which finds wikilinks configurable.
- Issue 40: Added HTTP cache headers (Last-Modified, etc.) to wiki and board.
- Issue 09: Improved and documented wiki_rss_url setting in SPH_SETTING
- Issue 20: Moved libs/ directory into the sphenecoll/ directory to have only one library path.
- Issue 23: Removed the need to patch django trunk (customized permalink function)
- Issue 24: Fixed problems with wikilinks containing CamelCase as well as square brackets.
- Issue 25: Made SCT compatible with the latest django trunk (rename of clean_data to cleaned_data)
- Issue 31: Fixed permission checking for board posts.
- Issue 38: Made wiki links using square brackets escapable using a backslash.
- Issue 41: Replaced all tabs with spaces in python source files
- Issue 43: The read posts in the board now reference the user instead of the session.