Login
Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » Feature Requests

Page: Previous 1 2 3 Next

Strange...I just svn up'd and I seem to have picked up quotes but not editing. I see here that all my previous posts are editable, but on my site that doesn't seem to be the case. I'll try making a new post and seeing if I can edit it.
that is strange.. if you are a superuser you should have edit links for all posts .. all other users only for their own posts..

i see no obvious reason why it you've got Quotes but not Edit links .. it's in the same file ;) .. have you also updated the models ?

btw. i just discovered a bug in the notification emails.. it contained 'None just posted in a thread or forum you are monitoring' ;) .. that should be fixed now ..
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)
anyway.. the reason why the bbcode is no filter but is used in the python code is, that i originally intended to let the user chose in which format he want to write his posts.. this way it would be possible to integrate FCKeditor or another wysiwyg editor easily..
and .. if you see the problem with this aspect.. it's clear that the model should do the rendering, not the template.. since only the Post model knows how to render it's content..
Yeah, that makes sense. I didn't understand the design decision; now I do. :)
What? You wanted a sig?
i see no obvious reason why it you've got Quotes but not Edit links .. it's in the same file ;) .. have you also updated the models ?
I figured it out. I'm running my site via fastcgi and I'm used to running the dev server -- I needed to restart the fastcgi process since unlike the dev server it doesn't automatically pick up model changes. Oops!
What? You wanted a sig?
Can you add class="sph_wikilink" to wiki link anchors for CSS purposes?

I'd like to distinguish my wiki links from my regular links with something like the following:
.sph_wikilink {
  font-variant: small-caps;
  font-weight: bold;
}
What? You wanted a sig?
Can you add class="sph_wikilink" to wiki link anchors for CSS purposes?
you mean to normal wiki links in the content ? .. that's no problem..
update your SVN checkout (sphene/community/templatetags/sph_extras.py) .. it contains this change ;)
Ok I've got another feature request in addition to the 3 bugs I've logged so far today (BTW -- anything I write as an "issue" on the Google Code tracker is automatically marked as a defect -- I can't mark feature requests). I'd like to be able to set permissions on WikiSnips via django user groups as well as the default options. I'm sure this is a little more technically challenging due to the fact that currently you're using a simple select instead of a foreignkey but it would go a long way toward helping me set up different wiki sections that different people are allowed to view and edit.
What? You wanted a sig?
anything I write as an "issue" on the Google Code tracker is automatically marked as a defect -- I can't mark feature requests.
the issue tracker works through labels.. one label should be 'Type-Defect' .. if you change it to 'Type-Enhancement' it is marked as enhancemnt .. or isn't it possible for normal users ? i have no idea if there is a permission difference in the issue tracker :)

I'd like to be able to set permissions on WikiSnips via django user groups as well as the default options. I'm sure this is a little more technically challenging due to the fact that currently you're using a simple select instead of a foreignkey but it would go a long way toward helping me set up different wiki sections that different people are allowed to view and edit.

i guess what you mean is a n:m entity ("WikiPermission") between Wiki Snips and django groups ?
do you think it would require any additional changes - e.g. would it still be manageable with such flexibility ?

and btw. one thing which i guess is not documented.. wiki snips can be hierarchical .. e.g. a wiki snip Documentation/Wiki/Macros would first look for the permission of Documentation/Wiki/Macros .. then Documentation/Wiki .. afterwards Documentation .. and as last the permissions of the wiki snip with the name 'ROOT'. i guess that would help you for wiki sectons ..
the issue tracker works through labels.. one label should be 'Type-Defect' .. if you change it to 'Type-Enhancement' it is marked as enhancemnt .. or isn't it possible for normal users ? i have no idea if there is a permission difference in the issue tracker :)
I get a field for "Summary" and "Description" so I guess labels are just for the owner of the project. I can still put feature requests up there if you'd like me to -- I'll just put FEATURE REQUEST at the start of the description and you can change the label when you accept the issue.

i guess what you mean is a n:m entity ("WikiPermission") between Wiki Snips and django groups ?
do you think it would require any additional changes - e.g. would it still be manageable with such flexibility ?

This is exactly what I meant; it provides a layer of customization beyond the 4 default view/edit permissions. Eventually I plan on having many users, and I foresee having a need for more than three different permission levels for WikiSnips. I figure that the easiest way to do this is probably just use the built-in groups that are already there, since you could easily assign Users to Groups and then assign WikiSnip Permissions to those Groups.

and btw. one thing which i guess is not documented.. wiki snips can be hierarchical .. e.g. a wiki snip Documentation/Wiki/Macros would first look for the permission of Documentation/Wiki/Macros .. then Documentation/Wiki .. afterwards Documentation .. and as last the permissions of the wiki snip with the name 'ROOT'. i guess that would help you for wiki sectons ..

That will be quite helpful and will make perfect sense. Between that and adding Group permissions it would cover every case I could need that I can think of. :)
What? You wanted a sig?
I get a field for "Summary" and "Description" so I guess labels are just for the owner of the project.
i hope you don't mind - i've put you up as project member on google code hosting .. i guess you should be able now to modify labels ?
I get a field for "Summary" and "Description" so I guess labels are just for the owner of the project.
i hope you don't mind - i've put you up as project member on google code hosting .. i guess you should be able now to modify labels ?
Indeed I can. Thanks!
What? You wanted a sig?

Page: Previous 1 2 3 Next

Please login to post a reply.