Login
Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » Feature Discussions » an issue related with sphboard

What is the "group" model used for?

I add several groups and categories which belong to different groups.

But only those categories belong to a certain group can be displayed after I click "Board" left tool bar or href "/board/show/0/".

The certain group value is retrieved from get_current_group().

I think all the categories should be displayed at the board index page, not only those belong to a certain group.

Coud it be a bug?

check the documentation in the tutorial maybe this answers your question:

In SCT everything is based on 'Community Groups' - every forum or wiki snip is part of a 'Group' - This Group has nothing to do with the user groups which is basically only for assigning permissions - a community group is more similar to the concept of the Sites Application since every community Group has one URL assigned. The main difference is tough, that Community Groups are ment to be hosted on the same django instance with the same configuration, while Sites have a different configuration for each 'Site'.

ie. Groups are there to allow you to host multiple websites on one installation - similar to vhosts..
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)
Got it.
Thank you very much.

check the documentation in the tutorial maybe this answers your question:

In SCT everything is based on 'Community Groups' - every forum or wiki snip is part of a 'Group' - This Group has nothing to do with the user groups which is basically only for assigning permissions - a community group is more similar to the concept of the Sites Application since every community Group has one URL assigned. The main difference is tough, that Community Groups are ment to be hosted on the same django instance with the same configuration, while Sites have a different configuration for each 'Site'.

ie. Groups are there to allow you to host multiple websites on one installation - similar to vhosts..

Please login to post a reply.