Login
Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » Changing urls from /wiki/ to something other

hi,

I tried getting urls not starting with /wiki/ (which I've got running) and without 'show' assuming that a wiki-page without any extras like edit or pdf is wanted to display.

I've got it working, that /c/ or similiar worked. But problem is how will the wiki-module generate links in new style? I didn't found a config option. Is this possible without changing the code? If not, where in code?

Next: i found inside administration area something about "flatpages". but I didn't find a hint how to activate them. E.g. tried a /about/ or whatever but got - of course - only an error. Where I have to redirect such pages? eg. I insert flat pages always /f/<page>/ - which module should handle ^/f/(.*)/ in urls.py?

bye
Alwin
p.s.: is a search function planned for the nice forum?
I've got it working, that /c/ or similiar worked. But problem is how will the wiki-module generate links in new style? I didn't found a config option. Is this possible without changing the code? If not, where in code?
where is the problem with that ? the reverse links should be found automatically ..
i've done it at: http://sphene.net/c/Startpage/ and it seems to work for me - are your links wrong ?

Next: i found inside administration area something about "flatpages". but I didn't find a hint how to activate them. E.g. tried a /about/ or whatever but got - of course - only an error. Where I have to redirect such pages? eg. I insert flat pages always /f/<page>/ - which module should handle ^/f/(.*)/ in urls.py?

flatpages are a contrib from django .. please refer to the django documentation on how to serve flatpages (i've never used them.. since... i got a wiki ;) ) .. but i think all you need to do is add a generic view (or a middleware ?)

well.. i plan to implement it .. but i'm not sure how soon it will be done .. i'm currently thinking about using djapian .. but i'm still evaluating which search engine/API to use.. so can't promise you when it's done ..
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)
where is the problem with that ? the reverse links should be found automatically ..
i've done it at: http://sphene.net/c/Startpage/ and it seems to work for me - are your links wrong ?
switching over to /c/ at beginning works fine meanwhile. But I want to remove the "show" in "/c/show/Start" and didn't find a real way doing this.

got a wiki ;) ) .. but i think all you need to do is add a generic view (or a middleware ?)

Live is sometimes that ease... found it and activated it. Its a middleware but in your small test site you have flatpages in list auf applications thats why the flatpages admin field appears. :)

well.. i plan to implement it .. but i'm not sure how soon it will be

Ah, ok. I think this is the most missing feature this moment. When forum will get a little larger ...

Bye and many thanks.

Alwin
switching over to /c/ at beginning works fine meanwhile. But I want to remove the "show" in "/c/show/Start" and didn't find a real way doing this.
try adding the following to your urlconf (for the default communitydraft this would be communitydraft/community/urlconfs/community_urls.py )

# this add at the beginning
from sphene.sphwiki.urls import snip

# and to your urlpatterns = patterns('', ... add:

(r'^c/' + snip + r'/$', 'sphene.sphwiki.views.showSnip', defaultdict),

ah, got it. there where a line

(r'^c/',  include('sphene.sphwiki.urls'), defaultdict),

in your example :) thats I had to remove.. now it works great. Many tnx
FYI - a simple search is now implemented - see http://sct.sphene.net/board/thread/677/?page=1#post-1000 and Search
Yes, saw and tried it. Tnx!

Please login to post a reply.