Login
Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » Feature Discussions » Image in wiki with thumbnail

Hi,

I am currently implementing the wiki functionality and was wondering whether there is an option to upload an image and display it as a thumbnail which is automatically generated if it doesn't exist yet. It would be nice as well as it shows this thumbnail in a small div/table with the description underneath. Clicking on the image will then show the original.

I'll add the site to the list when it is working completely.

BTW, is it also a feature that it doesn't show the attachment list when editing a snip? I think it would be useful to see the attachment list underneath to have easy inserting of tags.
Another thing that would be nice is that many sites have a block called "sidebar" (next to the "content" block). Maybe in this region when editing we could show a short reminder/tutorial on how to edit the wiki, in this could also be included the attachment list for reference. Then you don't have to flick back and forth between the documentation website. People who don't have a sidebar block in their template don't see it.

Roderik
I am currently implementing the wiki functionality and was wondering whether there is an option to upload an image and display it as a thumbnail which is automatically generated if it doesn't exist yet.
yep, it can be done using the img macro.. simply write: {img id=21 resize=150xX align=left} (the X is replaced with the propotional value .. you can also use Xx150)

It would be nice as well as it shows this thumbnail in a small div/table with the description underneath. Clicking on the image will then show the original.

unfortunately .. not yet .. but sounds like a useful feature enhancement..

I'll add the site to the list when it is working completely.

BTW, is it also a feature that it doesn't show the attachment list when editing a snip? I think it would be useful to see the attachment list underneath to have easy inserting of tags.
Another thing that would be nice is that many sites have a block called "sidebar" (next to the "content" block). Maybe in this region when editing we could show a short reminder/tutorial on how to edit the wiki, in this could also be included the attachment list for reference. Then you don't have to flick back and forth between the documentation website. People who don't have a sidebar block in their template don't see it.

it shouldn't be hard to display a list of attachments at the bottom of the post .. so it is probably quite useful :)

Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)

Please login to post a reply.