Login
Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » Board and feeds

Hi!

There is a feeds functionality built into the Board and Wiki. I have enabled it in my application so that I can go to HOST/feeds/board/<category_number> to see latest threads. Thats cool but is there any built-in functionality that makes this feed visible to users?
I think about a button or link like "Subscribe to latest threads in this category" or even a feed indicator shown in browsers address bar. I couldn't find anything like that so I'm asking here.
hmm.. this is currently only done in the wiki - when setting the SPH_SETTING wiki_rss_url .. (see Start ..)

what you can also see on the Start page is that there is a newsfeed to the 'News' forum category .. this is done by using a wiki macron, the whole code looks like:

# News {newsrss category=5}

{news category=5 baseURL=/board}

i think it would also make sense to add this by default to all forum categories.. especially since the feed view is by default added to the URL patterns (sphene/sphboard/urls.py) ..

i don't know any reason why the 'list categories' view can't also add a RSS link to the <meta> tags of the page .. i'll see if i can easily add it ..
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)
ooops.. i just discovered a caching bug ... the 'posted by' info left to the posts.. is cached independently from the current locale .. so i can see the labels left to your post in polish :(
# News {newsrss category=5}

{news category=5 baseURL=/board}
I don't use wiki in my application (maybe I should? It works really nice) but thanks for pointing that. I'll probably adapt that code (tag) to my needs.

i think it would also make sense to add this by default to all forum categories.. especially since the feed view is by default added to the URL patterns (sphene/sphboard/urls.py) ..

i don't know any reason why the 'list categories' view can't also add a RSS link to the <meta> tags of the page .. i'll see if i can easily add it ..

That would be really nice :)

By the way - I've sent some fresh polish translations to your email. Have you received them?
i have now added it to the general category lists ..
http://sct.sphene.net/board/show/15/ .. you should see an RSS icon in your browser's address bar .. (note that these are the latest threads, not the latest posts)

By the way - I've sent some fresh polish translations to your email. Have you received them?

ooops.. gmail labeled it as spam :(
but i found it eventually (at least google is good in searching ;) )

thanks a lot! i will add the translations tomorrow :)
i have now added it to the general category lists ..
http://sct.sphene.net/board/show/15/ .. you should see an RSS icon in your browser's address bar .. (note that these are the latest threads, not the latest posts)
Hmm.. It works here but what should I do to have the above working on my board instance? Is there any sph_settings setting or... I just can't get it working :-/
Hmm.. It works here but what should I do to have the above working on my board instance? Is there any sph_settings setting or... I just can't get it working :-/
the only requirements are that your root template has a block called 'head' which is inside <head> .. </head> so sphenecoll/sphene/community/templates/sphene/base.html can add the <meta> tag ... is this the case for your installation ?
the only requirements are that your root template has a block called 'head' which is inside <head> .. </head> so sphenecoll/sphene/community/templates/sphene/base.html can add the <meta> tag ... is this the case for your installation ?
Nope. But it will be soon :) Thanks.

Please login to post a reply.