Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » Wiki revert

Page: 1 2 Next

Hi,

i cannot find how to revert changes on wiki snips, BTW is it possible?

Best regards.

Camille.
currently this is not possible unfortunately ..
but it shouldn't be too hard to implement i guess.. especially since the whole body of a snip is stored in the \WikiSnipChange entity, and not just a diff.. so it's just a matter of storing the body back into the \WikiSnip :)
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)
Thanks for reply :-)

Good to hear that it is easy to implement even if not possible yet, this is a bit critical point for me, i cannot really take the risk to make the wiki content easy to damage but difficult to revert. Is there any hack about this ? Even dirt ? If not, some of you could tell me more about how to code it, show me a starting piece of code, or a just-working patch i would really appreciate because i am not yet familiar enough with the code.

Thank you again.

Camille.
well.. if you like to hack around i can give you a few hints on where to start..
otherwise.. i can give it a try tonight when i get home.. i guess it shouldn't take longer than 20 minutes or so :)
Wowow, fast reply :-) Thanks. I must say i have troubles to manage my time for development/learning Django and SCT with pieces of uncertain code everywhere, i would appreciate if you could relieve me about this new obstacle that would obviously take more than 20mn for me :-) If not, i will have to do it anyway. BTW, what dou you think about a "edit this revision" in the diff history, load the old content in the editor, then just have to save to revert it ? With a user message warning that the user is not working on actual version ?

Thanks again.

Camille.
Camille Harang said @ 2007-12-21 10:18:13:
BTW, what dou you think about a "edit this revision" in the diff history, load the old content in the editor, then just have to save to revert it ? With a user message warning that the user is not working on actual version ?
hmm.. i'm not sure yet how to implement it .. is there an advantage in using 'edit this revision' instead of a 'revert' link which asks the user for a reason ? the only advantage of an 'edit this revision' link would be that you can view the source code of an old version without actually reverting the code. (e.g. to copy & paste it to a new version)
The good thing about viewing an old source revision and save it later is that we can merge it manually with another itermediate vesion source opened in another window. This can be usefull if mistakes or vandalism is done between other changes... Well it sounds practical to me because it is close to MediaWiki mecanism, but any way sounds good as long it is possible. We could also copy/paste the diff samples to merge different versions but sometimes one paragraph is made of many diffs wich is laborious, and selecting the diff for copy/paste is not easy because it selects table rows numbers and left columns that have to be removed manually :-/

What do you think? :-)

Regards.

Camille.
ok .. i think this makes sense..
i'll try the 'edit this revision' version first .. we'll see how it works ;)
Thank you so much :-) I hope i can be close to my computer tonight with SVN, i add my Jabber ID in my profile right now if you want my feedback :-)

Regards.

Camille.
it is done ;)
not very nicely styled and everything .. but working: http://sct.sphene.net/wiki/history/Sandbox/

one problem i discovered ... modifications to the 'Title' are not yet recorded.. i will create a issue in the tracker for this.. but i don't think this is too important ..

Page: 1 2 Next

Please login to post a reply.