Copyright © 2007-2018 by Herbert Poul

You are not logged in.
Login
Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » Comments » comment category for "Search (sct)" » haystack?

Hi Herbert,

Have you considered using Haystack (http://haystacksearch.org/) for the search components? If you provided Haystack SearchIndex definitions for the various SCT components, it would be an extremely convenient and straightforward way to facilitate a modular search, with the possibility of multiple backends.

I may get 'round to creating a SearchIndex for sphwiki at some point, in which case I'll report back. I'm using Haystack on a different project, and really like it (though I can't claim to be an expert). I've just discovered SCT, and am still working out if it's a good choice for a project I expect to begin in a month or two.

Cheers,

simon
hi,
well.. i only briefly evaluated search engines before using djapian - do you know the advantages of haystack?
since the components handling search are external anyway.. i guess it doesn't really matter, you can always create search applications using another search engine :) let me know if you do so.. maybe i can add it to SCT (almost certainly if it doesn't destroy the current search :) )

thanks for giving sct a try, let me know how your evaluation goes and if you need any further assistance :)
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)
ah ok .. just read haystack is just an abstraction over other search engines.. that makes sense.. maybe it would be worth changing the current djapian specific implementation to haystack.. although it then has another dependency .. well i'll take a look, if it doesn't make things more complicated it would be a good idea to not depend on a specific search engine.
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)

Please login to post a reply.