You are not logged in.
Login
Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » Error while running syncdb

Hi. I was trying to follow tutorial on starting new project from scratch with Sphene, and everything seems to work, but as I run manage.py syncdb I'm getting an error. Full traceback is here: http://www.dpaste.de/R70r/ . At first glance everything works fine, except that error, but I'm wondering if this may be cause of any problems and if would it be Sphene fault or am I missing something?
Thanks for the report, it seems to be related to my recent commit.. i'm not sure though why it requires a template loader during syncdb.. anyway, it should be easy to fix.. i'll let you know once i know more
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)
ok.. it seems to be only an issue in combination with 'django app plugins'. i couldn't reproduce the problem without it. anyway .. i have now simply handle the error in the template loader, which should solve your problem.
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)
Yes, when I removed app_plugins from installed apps, syncdb worked. But other way problem still occures, even after updating to your latest revision (805).
Here is the traceback: http://www.dpaste.de/ZQGj/
ok.. it seems to be only an issue in combination with 'django app plugins'. i couldn't reproduce the problem without it. anyway .. i have now simply handle the error in the template loader, which should solve your problem.
Herbert, I can confirm the problem still exists. IMHO the problem is that get_current_group is called when syncdb is executed and because syncdb doesn't execute middleware functions so there is no group set in _thread_locals.

So, there should be:
- check whether it is a command line execution in get_current_group. if it is then don't bother with group, or
- don't call "raise e" in get_current_group, instead return False or None - but then we have to check for False/None in every place where get_current_group is called.

What do you think?

--edit
OK, I digged a bit more and you're right that the problem is triggered by django-app-plugins application which causes get_current_site to be called which is redefined in sphene to check current group. So I wonder where is a real source of the problem? django-app-plugins or SCT?

--- Ostatnio edytowane 2009-08-25 21:28:34 przez eXt ---

Please login to post a reply.