Login
Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » SPH_SETTINGS

Hi,

I followed the tutorial to get "simpleproject" running. It is basically running now.

But when I to post a new thread on the bulletin board I get the error message:

'Settings' object has no attribute 'SPH_SETTINGS'

And the traceback of:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\django\core\handlers\base.py" in get_response
77. response = callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
File "C:\Documents and Settings\CCM\Desktop\sphene_com_tools\communitytools\sphenecoll\sphene\sphboard\views.py" in post
188. newpost.save()
File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\django\conf\__init__.py" in __getattr__
32. return getattr(self._target, name)

AttributeError at /board/post/2/
'Settings' object has no attribute 'SPH_SETTINGS'

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chuck
I had this same problem! My post fell off the first page though.

Here's the other thread in which the problem was discussed & Herbert told me how to fix it: http://sct.sphene.net/board/thread/48/

What? You wanted a sig?
Thanks. Ironically, I found it by doing a google search of the entire Internet.

Once I get the board really working, I plan on adding some sort of search function. I know that will be critical to my users.

Thanks again,
Chuck
damn.. made the same mistake twice :( .. forgot to add the check if the attribute exists ...
anyway .. when you add a empty SPH_SETTINGS to your settings.py (which you probably have done already) .. it should work again ..

Once I get the board really working, I plan on adding some sort of search function. I know that will be critical to my users.

search function would be great.. i have also thought about such a feature.. but after a small search i discovered there is already a generic django way in the works: http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/\TextIndexingAbstractionLayer .. it's in a separate branch and hasn't been merged into the django trunk yet.. so i haven't tried it yet .. but it looks very promising..
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)

Please login to post a reply.