You are not logged in.
Login
Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » Error when trying to make "Make Sticky" or "Lock" a thread

seems you have discovered another django 1.0 incompatiblity ..
i hope i just fixed it, please update from SVN and try again..
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)
Hello Tim,

just a (OT) thought...

I have used the SCT forum several times recently sometimes looking at posts going back 3-4 months. I understand the advantages of dpaste.com but the one big disadvantage is "This item will be deleted in 29 days"

I know that dpaste is commonly used by the Django community and that your post was probably short-term in nature, but, I think that it might reduce the value of the forum in the long-term.

I am not "having a go" specifically at you just raising it as a concern.

Iain.
Herbert, working OK now. Thanks.

Iain, dpaste is most convenient for me. No registration and it's django's default too. However, I do post on bug trackers if the issue requires it.

:)
dpaste is most convenient for me.
well. i guess for such bugs it doesn't really matter.. because once fixed.. noone hopefully suffers from it again (although it might help people who downloaded sct 0.5)

anyway .. i figure you didn't use the [ code ] bb code because it would clutter the thread ? maybe i could introduce some [ hiddencode ] bbcode which would only show a link like 'Show code' and only shows the code when it is clicked ? best of both worlds ?
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)
anyway .. i figure you didn't use the [ code ] bb code because it would clutter the thread ? maybe i could introduce some [ hiddencode ] bbcode which would only show a link like 'Show code' and only shows the code when it is clicked ? best of both worlds ?
Smart thinking Herbert :)

A javascript show/hide button where the text is included in the page (and therefore spidered) but doesn't clutter. Sounds good to me. Solves this problem, I think, and pretty neat feature for general use.

Tim: I understand the advantages of dpaste and the code formatting is nice. I quite frequently search using relevant sections of tracebacks yet I don't remember ever finding a paste bin in the results. Even when I sometimes only get 10 hits.

Iain.

Please login to post a reply.