You are not logged in.
Login
Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » Visitors who are not logged in cannot post in forums

If you're not logged in you can't post to forums which "All Users" are allowed to post in - despite the fact that there is indeed a Post New Thread/Post Reply button. The traceback complains about a forum post requiring a user.

I'd like guest posting for people to request access. :)

Should I be putting this stuff in the issue tracker instead of here? I probably should, shouldn't I...

--- Last Edited by thalin at 2007-04-06 22:48:10 ---
What? You wanted a sig?
Should I be putting this stuff in the issue tracker instead of here? I probably should, shouldn't I...
altough i love to use this board.. you're probably right.. it might be easier to track bugs if they are entered into the issue tracker.. ;)

as for this bug.. i guess the problem is that i don't check for anonymous users and just store it into the database.. (and djangos anonymous user has no DB representation..) .. my bet would be that anonymous user would currently also lead to problems in the templates.. since they always expect a valid username ..

and.. btw. i wouldn't recommend to allow anonymous postings on public websites.. i tried it on http://goim.us and got spammed by dozens of bots... however.. it should be fixed of course ;)
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)
altough i love to use this board.. you're probably right.. it might be easier to track bugs if they are entered into the issue tracker.. ;)

as for this bug.. i guess the problem is that i don't check for anonymous users and just store it into the database.. (and djangos anonymous user has no DB representation..) .. my bet would be that anonymous user would currently also lead to problems in the templates.. since they always expect a valid username ..

and.. btw. i wouldn't recommend to allow anonymous postings on public websites.. i tried it on http://goim.us and got spammed by dozens of bots... however.. it should be fixed of course ;)
Yeah, I'd like to allow anonymous posts with a captcha if possible -- perhaps you could add that in?

Also, I added this issue to the tracker and will report bugs/issues there from now on and try to limit my forum postings to questions about stuff that should be working.

P.S. I work for e1350 cluster test @ IBM, so I may go overboard with bugs. I figure that you won't mind though. :)
What? You wanted a sig?
There's at least one Django Captcha implementation out there already - I guess if you allow anonymous posting it'll be fairly easy for me to wrap the post form for anonymous users to require a Captcha to post. Or you could do all that work for me and I could svn up and be happy.

I leave the choice to you. ;)

--- Last Edited by thalin at 2007-04-06 23:48:10 ---
What? You wanted a sig?
hmm.. yes.. i also searched for captcha implementation ...
but i think http://code.google.com/p/django-captcha/ looks quite promision ..
well.. we'll see..

btw. i'll try to somehow categorize the bugs/feature requests in the issuetracker.. i'm planning on a 0.1 release which should fix most critical bugs you've found :) .. it should basically be usable out of the box .. and also have an example website including templates (ie. templates of this website here) .. so i'll (soon) mark all critical bugs with the tag 'Milestone-Relase01'
this is now fixe.d. anonymous users can now post forums.. (altough no captcha check yet)

as i wrote in the news forum: http://sct.sphene.net/board/thread/121/
you should run ./manage.py syncdb which should output something like:

$ ./manage.py syncdb
Creating table community_applicationchangelog
2007-04-07 00: SQL Statement: ALTER TABLE "sphboard_post" ALTER author_id DROP NOT NULL
Detected changes - Do you want to execute SQL Statements ? (yes,no): yes
2007-04-08 00: SQL Statement: ALTER TABLE "sphwiki_wikisnip" ALTER creator_id DROP NOT NULL
2007-04-08 01: SQL Statement: ALTER TABLE "sphwiki_wikisnip" ALTER editor_id DROP NOT NULL
2007-04-08 00: SQL Statement: ALTER TABLE "sphwiki_wikisnipchange" ALTER editor_id DROP NOT NULL
Detected changes - Do you want to execute SQL Statements ? (yes,no): yes

.. if you are not using postgresql you might want to say 'no' to these questions and execute the necessary command by hand. (No idea if these queries would work on any DB except postgresql)
so .. i just committed my first try to use django captcha to secure anonymous postings..

I've written a short documentation on how to set captchas up: http://sct.sphene.net/wiki/show/Captcha/

i hope it works :) .. it isn't that nice yet.. but i guess it should be sufficient for now ..

Please login to post a reply.