You are not logged in.
Login
Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » ToC with Wiki links as headers

When I create a header with with a CamelCase or Wiki link in it I don't get a generated ToC. I have one page which is all links to other pages in the wiki followed by a brief description of the page (or what I'd like the page to be). I just tried sticking a plain text header into the page and a ToC is generated but without the headers containing wiki links. If you have no plain text, no ToC is generated for the page.

I'm fielding a guess that this is because you're not wanting to ToC anything with a link in it (as it might screw up what the ToC link links to unless you strip out the original link). Nothing a regex can't fix (another guess)? :)
What? You wanted a sig?
I'm fielding a guess that this is because you're not wanting to ToC anything with a link in it (as it might screw up what the ToC link links to unless you strip out the original link). Nothing a regex can't fix (another guess)? :)
well .. kind of :)
markdown splits up the rendered content into Nodes (actually.. XHTML tags) .. the ToC extension simply iterates through all these nodes and looks for 'h1','h2', etc. and takes it's content .. but not recursive .. just the value of this single node.. this is why the ToC (currently) does not work for links and other markup ..

i also notified this limitation .. but hadn't the time yet to fix it.. but i don't think it is a big problem because for me links in headlines make no sense anyway ?
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)

Please login to post a reply.