Copyright © 2007-2018 by Herbert Poul

You are not logged in.
Login
Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » Feature Discussions » bug in the sphboard and a feature request

===========================================================================
Environment:

Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://www.abc.com/ggum/admin/sphboard/post/6/
Django Version: 0.97-pre-SVN-7199
Python Version: 2.4.4
Installed Applications:
['django.contrib.auth',
'django.contrib.contenttypes',
'django.contrib.sessions',
'django.contrib.sites',
'django.contrib.admin',
'home',
'sphene.community',
'sphene.sphboard',
'sphene.sphblog',
'sphene.sphwiki']
Installed Middleware:
('sphene.community.middleware.ThreadLocals',
'sphene.community.middleware.GroupMiddleware',
'sphene.community.middleware.LastModified',
'sphene.community.middleware.PermissionDeniedMiddleware',
'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
'django.middleware.locale.LocaleMiddleware',
'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
'django.middleware.doc.XViewMiddleware')

Traceback:
File "/data/lib/django_trunk/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response
82. response = callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
File "/data/lib/django_trunk/django/contrib/admin/views/decorators.py" in _checklogin
62. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/data/lib/django_trunk/django/views/decorators/cache.py" in _wrapped_view_func
44. response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/data/lib/django_trunk/django/contrib/admin/views/main.py" in change_stage
338. new_object = manipulator.save(new_data)
File "/data/lib/django_trunk/django/db/models/manipulators.py" in save
109. new_object.save()
File "/data/lib/communitytools/sphenecoll/sphene/sphboard/models.py" in save
780. cache.delete( self.__get_render_cachekey() )
File "/data/lib/communitytools/sphenecoll/sphene/sphboard/models.py" in __get_render_cachekey
638. return 'sphboard_rendered_body_%d' % self.id

Exception Type: TypeError at /ggum/admin/sphboard/post/6/
Exception Value: int argument required

===========================================================================

This is the error that I got, when I try to modify the board's article.

can you let me know any way to work properly?

and I have a feature to request.

when anonymous write a post in the sphboard.

How the anonymous can modify his or hers post?

I thnink in this code there is no way to do this.

but what about adding one column in the model.py to accept secret key code.

and for anonymous in order to modify his or hers post, they have to input the secret key code.

when the key code match, the board allow to modity their post.

this is what I thougt for anonymous posting.

and I have another request.

can you more elaborate the blog documentation?

I try to use sphblog but there is not enough information to to that.

especially, I don't know how to use tag

And I really appreciate your exellent work.

I'm really happy to use your work.

Thanks a lot

it seems when modifying posts through the admin interface the 'id' attribute of models is suddenly a unicode string, instead of an integer..
i've fixed the generation of cache keys now .. so update the code and it should work..

and for anonymous in order to modify his or hers post, they have to input the secret key code.

i actually never thought that it was important for anonymous users to edit their own posts.. hmm.. using a secret key ? you mean when a user posts anonymously he can enter a 'secret' key which is matched if he decides to edit it ? - or is this secret key autogenerated ?

another thought - how about making it easier to create an account so users don't actually have to post anonymously - or if anonymity is important create a way for logged in users to hide their identity ? what do you think of these possibilities ?

the blog is currently in an early development stage.. i will work on the documentation so people can start using it in the next few days ..

how exactly do you want to use tags ? tagging of blog posts ? generic board posts, threads or for custom models ?
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)

it seems when modifying posts through the admin interface the 'id' attribute of models is suddenly a unicode string, instead of an integer..
i've fixed the generation of cache keys now .. so update the code and it should work..
ok it works but I got a two bug which I post above two article.

i actually never thought that it was important for anonymous users to edit their own posts.. hmm.. using a secret key ? you mean when a user posts anonymously he can enter a 'secret' key which is matched if he decides to edit it ? - or is this secret key autogenerated ?

another thought - how about making it easier to create an account so users don't actually have to post anonymously - or if anonymity is important create a way for logged in users to hide their identity ? what do you think of these possibilities ?

what I thought is that when somebody want to make his post privately which means only a few person who are allowed to read his or hers post can access that post with secret key or any other way.

Can you suggest a way to implement my thought?

What I mentioned above is how I thought to implement this one.

the blog is currently in an early development stage.. i will work on the documentation so people can start using it in the next few days ..

how exactly do you want to use tags ? tagging of blog posts ? generic board posts, threads or for custom models ?

tagging of blog posts

--- Last Edited by jacob at 2008-03-09 12:13:47 ---
what I thought is that when somebody want to make his post privately which means only a few person who are allowed to read his or hers post can access that post with secret key or any other way.

so it is not to post and edit anonymously, but to restrict read access to a specific thread ?
i'm not sure if i understand what exactly you are after.. could you describe me a use case ? maybe i can think of an easy way to implement it

tagging of blog posts

this does not yet work out of the box.. but since i've already done it for the blog .. it shouldn't be too difficult to do ...

do you need tagging for every single post, or for threads in general ? should everyone be able to add posts, or only the author ?

so it is not to post and edit anonymously, but to restrict read access to a specific thread ?
i'm not sure if i understand what exactly you are after.. could you describe me a use case ? maybe i can think of an easy way to implement it
I'm talking about in terms of reading. It is not concerned with posting and editing.

when somebody post a article, how can we share this article with the limited people?

tagging of blog posts
this does not yet work out of the box.. but since i've already done it for the blog .. it shouldn't be too difficult to do ...

do you need tagging for every single post, or for threads in general ? should everyone be able to add posts, or only the author ?

I think tagging for every single post would be good.

And we need to retrict the posting.

But we need to allow everyone to comment to the post.
I'm talking about in terms of reading. It is not concerned with posting and editing.

when somebody post a article, how can we share this article with the limited people?
well.. usually i would say simply create a second category where you post 'internal' articles.. and only give certain people permission to this category ..

this would only work if you have a small number of different permissions .. e.g. public and internal .. if every article should be viewable by different people.. this won't work :(

I think tagging for every single post would be good.

And we need to retrict the posting.

But we need to allow everyone to comment to the post.

i think we have a problem with our terminology ;)
i guess you are talking about a blog-like feature :) so .. someone creates a new article (ie. in forum-terminology .. a thread) .. and then people add their 'comments'..

so you need that the author of the article adds tags to the article... but noone else .. and.. comments don't need tags.. right ?

this.. already works in the 'sphblog': https://herbert.poul.at/blog/ .. the "articles" have tags, but no comments will .. and the tags can only be added/changed when you edit the actual article..

Please login to post a reply.