Login
Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » Problems on the Mac

Page: 1 2 Next

I am trying to get SCT running on Mac OS X 10.5, but I've run into a problem. I've installed 0.96.1, which is running my django site fine, and I'm trying to get SCT 0.3 working (communitydraft).

The problem seems to be with translation. When I run 'manage.py syncdb', I get the following stack dump:

drew pbook: manage.py syncdb
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./manage.py", line 11, in <module>
    execute_manager(settings)
  File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/django/core/management.py", line 1672, in execute_manager
    execute_from_command_line(action_mapping, argv)
  File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/django/core/management.py", line 1564, in execute_from_command_line
    translation.activate('en-us')
  File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/django/utils/translation/trans_real.py", line 208, in activate
    _active[currentThread()] = translation(language)
  File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/django/utils/translation/trans_real.py", line 197, in translation
    default_translation = _fetch(settings.LANGUAGE_CODE)
  File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/django/utils/translation/trans_real.py", line 180, in _fetch
    app = getattr(__import__(appname[:p], {}, {}, [appname[p+1:]]), appname[p+1:])
  File "/Users/drew/Downloads/sct-0.3/communitydraft/community/../../communitytools/sphenecoll/sphene/community/__init__.py", line 13, in <module>
    from sphene.community.sphutils import get_sph_setting
  File "/Users/drew/Downloads/sct-0.3/communitydraft/community/../../communitytools/sphenecoll/sphene/community/sphutils.py", line 6, in <module>
    from sphene.community.middleware import get_current_request
  File "/Users/drew/Downloads/sct-0.3/communitydraft/community/../../communitytools/sphenecoll/sphene/community/middleware.py", line 5, in <module>
    from sphene.community.models import Group
  File "/Users/drew/Downloads/sct-0.3/communitydraft/community/../../communitytools/sphenecoll/sphene/community/models.py", line 2, in <module>
    from django.contrib.auth.models import User
  File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/models.py", line 4, in <module>
    from django.contrib.contenttypes.models import ContentType
  File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/django/contrib/contenttypes/models.py", line 33, in <module>
    class ContentType(models.Model):
  File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/django/db/models/base.py", line 30, in __new__
    new_class.add_to_class('_meta', Options(attrs.pop('Meta', None)))
  File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/django/db/models/base.py", line 169, in add_to_class
    value.contribute_to_class(cls, name)
  File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/django/db/models/options.py", line 53, in contribute_to_class
    setattr(self, 'verbose_name_plural', meta_attrs.pop('verbose_name_plural', self.verbose_name + 's'))
  File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/django/utils/functional.py", line 42, in __wrapper__
    res = self.__func(*self.__args, **self.__kw)
  File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/django/utils/translation/trans_real.py", line 268, in gettext
    _default = translation(settings.LANGUAGE_CODE)
  File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/django/utils/translation/trans_real.py", line 197, in translation
    default_translation = _fetch(settings.LANGUAGE_CODE)
  File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/django/utils/translation/trans_real.py", line 180, in _fetch
    app = getattr(__import__(appname[:p], {}, {}, [appname[p+1:]]), appname[p+1:])
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'community'

Any ideas?

Drew
hi,

unfortunately i fear my assumption on the download page that SCT 0.3 is compatible with the django 0.96 is wrong.
i tried to fix a couple of problems to make it compatible.. but it is pointless .. there are way too many incompatibilities ..

could you use the trunk version of django and SCT ?
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)
Thanks, it's good to know so that I don't waste anymore time on it.

I'll try the trunk.

Drew
Hi again,

I installed the trunk version of django, and managed to get the basic functionality of sct working. But I the admin tools don't work with the latest trunk: it fails looking for a template file :-(

It's probably a problem in django, but does anyone know a workaround?

Drew
this is strange.. i just updated my django checkout but everything still works ..

what error message do you get exactly and where ? directly on /admin/ or some subfolder ?
It could be that I have forgotten some important step in the django installation, but here is the template-loader postmortem I get:

Django tried loading these templates, in this order:
Using loader django.template.loaders.filesystem.load_template_source:
/Users/drew/WebDevelop/Packages/sct-0.3/communitydraft/community/templates/admin/login.html (File does not exist)
/Users/drew/WebDevelop/Packages/sct-0.3/communitydraft/sitetemplates/admin/login.html (File does not exist)
/Users/drew/WebDevelop/Packages/sct-0.3/communitytools/sphenecoll/templates/admin/login.html (File does not exist)

Drew
this is weird.. were there no 'django.template.loaders.app_directories.load_template_source' ?

look into your settings.py to TEMPLATE_LOADERS if it contains 'django.template.loaders.app_directories.load_template_source' ..
(and make sure you don't overwrite it in your settings_local.py)

(this should all be working out of the box with the communitydraft project.. no idea how something could go wrong with this configuration)
I'm sure I have messed up something. The settings were all right, and I didn't clobber it in settings_local.

The following gets printed in the error, but it doesn't include any paths:
Using loader django.template.loaders.app_directories.load_template_source:

Is there something I could have forgotten when installing django, other than syncing the database?

Drew
i have no idea if the error message should contain paths .. usually this template loader looks through all applications in INSTALLED_APPS (which i'm sure contains django.contrib.auth .. otherwise you wouldn't see anything at that URL :) ) and looks for a 'templates' directory in those applications ..

so if you look at your django installation directory .. there should be a django/contrib/admin/templates/admin/login.html

the only thing i could imagine is that something went wrong during checkout or installation .. or the user you start the server with doesn't have read permission on that file..
I found the problem: for some reason the templates and media for admin were not installed properly. I copied them across, and admin now works.

Now I have a problem that I think could be a real bug in SCT. I am using sqlite database, and when I use the admin interface to add a poll, I get a validation exception:

Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/sphboard/poll/add/
Exception Type: IntegrityError
Exception Value: sphboard_poll.post_id may not be NULL
Exception Location: /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/django/db/backends/sqlite3/base.py in execute, line 133
Python Executable: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python
Python Version: 2.5.1

Drew

Page: 1 2 Next

Please login to post a reply.