Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » SPH_SETTINGS?

Page: 1 2 Next

Hi there,

I set up a quick project to try to evaluate SCT today, and when I fired it up and went to the /wiki/ URL, I get an Attribute Error complaining about not having an SPH_SETTINGS value in my settings. What are the values for SPH_SETTINGS, what do I need to set, and where should I set them?

I grepped through the code briefly and the only attribute I saw which referenced SPH_SETTINGS was setting a value in sphenecoll/sphene/community/context_processors.py, and then referencing sph_settings.wiki_rss_url in several templates.

So, should I set something along the lines of:
SPH_SETTINGS = {
    'wiki_rss_url': 'whatever'
}

in my settings?

Thanks!
What? You wanted a sig?
hi

hmm.. strange.. that shouldn't be required.. seems to be a bug..
but yes.. you should set it this way:

SPH_SETTINGS = { 'wiki_rss_url': '/feeds/wiki/'
}

i'll check why there is no default value for it .. and why it throws such an error :( ..
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)
ok.. the problem is that it doesn't check if SPH_SETTING exists before accessing it ..
i've fixed that in subversion ..

the 'wiki_rss_url' setting (which .. is currently the only SPH_SETTING .. and not documented anywhere..) is simply used as link for the RSS which is linked within the wiki pages.. if you look for example at http://sct.sphene.net/wiki/show/Start/ you should see an RSS icon to the right of the addressbar.. that's the setting.. it's not needed .. and on my todo list to be clarified and documented ;)
Thanks, I'll svn up and check it out!
What? You wanted a sig?
I guess I should mention that it's all working great now. Thanks Herbert!
What? You wanted a sig?
good to know, thx :)

btw. how did your evaluation go ? are you planning on using SCT - have you found any further problems ?
Yeah, I think I'll start working on getting an SCT site up and going to my satisfaction. I'm having a few strange issues with the sample project - I can't edit wiki snips for example, even logged in as the django superuser. Of course I haven't really looked at things to see how you've done it yet, so I'm probably missing quite a bit of insight that could be gained from just reading through your code. I'm planning on doing that over the next few days though and I'm already sure I'll have a good long list of questions to ask -- and I appreciate how quickly you've been answering forum posts here, it's really great.

I'll be back with more soon!
What? You wanted a sig?
the wiki permission system is currently very limited.. but everyone who has the permission 'add_wikisnip' should be able to edit a wiki snip .. (a superuser has all permissions.. so this shouldn't be a problem)

don't you even see the 'Edit' link on top of the wiki ? or is there some kind of error in the edit dialog ?
I see the edit link, but clicking on it just takes me back to the same page with no editing allowed. Is there some Javascript that has to be served for editing to work? I'm running a very simple development server & none of the static media is being served at the moment.
What? You wanted a sig?
I figured it out...The link is pointing to show instead of edit. I'll take a look and see if I can figure out if that's in the example templates or what.
What? You wanted a sig?

Page: 1 2 Next

Please login to post a reply.