Copyright © 2007-2018 by Herbert Poul

You are not logged in.
Login
Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » SCT boards as support forum ?

Hi,
do you think it's possible to turn SCT Boards into support board easily ?
It would be to make a place where customers can open tickets and read the reply from the support team but customers can't see support tickets from other customers.

It could be a feature that you could turn on just for one sub-forum with other forums working the regular way.

R.
well .. i don't think it would be too difficult to implement it ..
the question is just how to make it generic enough to be a valid feature for a board :)

what features exactly do you have in mind .. the basic is .. logged in users which are not member of the group can only see threads they started ..

but.. i guess you need at least some kind of status information .. like at least 'Open' and 'Resolved' .. maybe even assignments to make users owner of a problem ticket ?
and.. more control over who sees opened tickets.. (like.. maybe there are 3 people from the same customer who would like to see each other's support threads) .. altough .. that seems to be more a CRM tool than a forum ;)

anyway .. i think it wouldn't be a bad idea to try implementing something like it .. :) it sounds quite interesting
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)
so.. what do you think ? :)
Hi Herbert,

yes this is the kind of features I need. I haven't had a look at the source code of SCT yet but I'll start playing with it this week if I can. I'll install it along with satchmo to use the wiki part as the cms for my website and see how I can integerate everything.

The question I have is how user information from several apps work together.
As I understand it at the moment, there is a user authentication from Django and other apps can add profile information in an other table but should all apps have their own profile or should they all share the same profile ?

CC.
well.. i don't know about satchmo .. but my guess is that it also uses django's user authentication ..

at least that what i'm using in SCT .. the only problem i'm seeing is with user profiles.. as you said.. currently every application can have it's own "extension" ..
but.. SCT doesn't use that currently .. the only think i need to know about the user.. is his name .. so i use only djangos user profiles.. and don't extend those .. so there shouldn't be any problems ..

Please login to post a reply.