Login
Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » Feature Discussions » Pagination, navigation, and moderation

Page: 1 2 Next

Is there any pagination for long threads? I notice here that long threads simply get longer and longer. On a busy forum like the one I'm setting up, it will quickly become ridiculous to display a thread with hundreds of posts.

Also is there any existing facility to display links to the next and previous threads in the current thread?

One more thing. :) I don't see any way to have someone post without it immediately showing up on the site. Is there anything in there that allows for a moderator to approve a post/thread and THEN have it show up on the site?

Sorry if some of this is already in there. I've had a rough few days here. The deadline is approaching!

Thanks.
"Never quote yourself" -- Daniel Ellison
Daniel Ellison said @ 2007-09-07 11:30:33:
Is there any pagination for long threads?
not yet, but my guess is that it would require only minimal code changes.. (i haven't added it yet, because i used the long threads to test the render performance ;) )

Also is there any existing facility to display links to the next and previous threads in the current thread?

unfortunately not.. although i'm not sure how useful it is .. i have never used such next/previous links ..

One more thing. :) I don't see any way to have someone post without it immediately showing up on the site. Is there anything in there that allows for a moderator to approve a post/thread and THEN have it show up on the site?

nope.. nothing in that direction ..
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)
Is there any pagination for long threads?
not yet, but my guess is that it would require only minimal code changes.. (i haven't added it yet, because i used the long threads to test the render performance ;) )
That would be a good one to have, then! ;) I do expect extremely long threads. Perhaps you could make it optional?
unfortunately not.. although i'm not sure how useful it is .. i have never used such next/previous links ..

Not a huge problem. But most existing forum software has it.

Hmmm... that one I really need. I'll have to see if I can hack it in there myself, then.

Thanks!
Daniel Ellison said @ 2007-09-07 12:10:42:
Hmmm... that one I really need. I'll have to see if I can hack it in there myself, then.
i have to think about this one. since i also want to use the forum system to power things like blogs, or news and similar.. maybe it wouldn't be too bad to add some "CMS"-like features..
such statuses like 'Needs approvement', 'To be published', 'Published' for forum threads..
i'm not sure though how good it fits in right now ..
i have to think about this one. since i also want to use the forum system to power things like blogs, or news and similar.. maybe it wouldn't be too bad to add some "CMS"-like features..
such statuses like 'Needs approvement', 'To be published', 'Published' for forum threads..
i'm not sure though how good it fits in right now ..
Thanks for thinking about it, anyway! :) I just need a simple flag, so I'll still see if it's easy to hack in for our immediate use. Then, if you do implement a proper solution I'll switch over to it.
so .. i have added paging ..
i've got to admit that this far from looking good .. but it works ! ;)
Yay! Thanks so much! I don't care of it doesn't look good yet. I just can't see the client liking threads with 500 posts on one page. :)
Just so you know, when the email gets sent out to notify someone of new posts, the link now loooks like this:
http://sct.sphene.net/board/thread/368/?page= 
Note the "page=" part... :)
ooops, you are right :)
let's hope it works now ..
It does. :)

Page: 1 2 Next

Please login to post a reply.