You are not logged in.
Login
Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » Sphene integration with django sites framework

Thank you very much for making this code and application available. It certainly saves a lot of time and is an excellent base for creating large applications - or just to be used as is...
My question is around integration with sites - if one needed to run more than one website on a server. I note django sites is part of the installed apps - yet do not see linking tables between site and community groups, roles. Similarly board categories, polls and wikisnips would be site specific. I realize this adds a layer of complexity to each of these aspects, and wondered how other users of your code do this? Do they change the existing views, or is there a neater, more generic, way to handle this?
Modifying sphene views would break backward compatibility with later releases of the code, not so?

--- Last Edited by itopia at 2009-09-16 08:29:35 ---
the SCT equivalent for the site framework would bei a 'Group' - since these groups are actually more flexible than a 'Site' it should be easy to match those..
so .. simply create one Group for every Site .. and make sure that the 'groupName' is passed in correctly, or use the SPH_HOST_MIDDLEWARE_URLCONF_MAP to match domains to the Group .. (i assume you have separate domains for every 'Site' so this should work good enough)
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)

Please login to post a reply.