You are not logged in.
Login
Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » Problems with sphene setup

I followed the tutorial to add sphene to my project. I am using the development server, running at localhost:8000. First of all, I had to eliminate the "defaultdict" argument from the urlconf, to make it work at all. Before that I got unknown keyword argument "groupName". In the example projects this did not appear to be a problem, they all use the groupName argument.

Now, when going to the board/ url there is a page which tells me "no categories"...

I am missing something here... Anything I could check?

Thank you for your help...
I followed the tutorial to add sphene to my project. I am using the development server, running at localhost:8000. First of all, I had to eliminate the "defaultdict" argument from the urlconf, to make it work at all. Before that I got unknown keyword argument "groupName". In the example projects this did not appear to be a problem, they all use the groupName argument.
Group is comparable to Django's sites concept. It is used only to make it possible to run single Django instance running multiple boards on different domains. It is not obvious to me if it is possible not to use group at all - groups are used in many places.

So the safe way is to define a group. Yes it's a bit tricky because you have to:
1. add a group through admin panel (there is already example group)
2. then change group (default group is example) in your settings: urls.py or settings.py if you use multidomain middleware.

If you don't add a group in admin and just change your settings you will get strange errors.

Now, when going to the board/ url there is a page which tells me "no categories"...

I am missing something here... Anything I could check?

Thank you for your help...

Category is hmm.. just a board, you have to add it in admin panel.

Please login to post a reply.