Login
Register

Change Language:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A Django site.

Powered by Sphene Community Tools
Board » General » plz. insert <noscript> info

I used Firefox with NoScript.
Posting/preview a new thread needs JavaScript (bzw. why?) but there are not exist a <noscript> info :(
Posting/preview a new thread needs JavaScript (bzw. why?)
Posting/preview is created without a page reload - a good reason for having javascript to my mind. I don't use noscript but I believe it is possible to have a whitelist for trusted sites.

but there are not exist a <noscript> info :(

Not sure I understand this part of your question. Does noscript work by intercepting the HTML and enclosing any javascript with <noscript> tags?

Regards,
Iain.
If i start writing a new thread and then i used the post button, i see nothing is happend, because JS is off (NoScript default). So i add the page into the NoScript whitelist. NoScript would reload the current url and my written text is in the data nirvana :(

You can add something like this:

<noscript><strong>For this page you need JavaScript.</strong><noscript>

This Text are only visible if JavaScript is off.
NoScript would reload the current url and my written text is in the data nirvana :(
Ah yes, I have suffered from that kind of misfortune too ;) Though, as you said yourself, the reload was because of noscript.

You can add something like this:

<noscript><strong>For this page you need JavaScript.</strong><noscript>

This Text are only visible if JavaScript is off.

If you mean for your own site I guess something could be added where the lack of javascript is detected. Depending on the site permissions a statement could be added to the registration page, for example. The interface might get a bit cluttered if you felt compelled to warn about javascript usage (and maybe cookies too). Reading the noscript site it would seem that you get a javascript warning in your panel/taskbar already.

If you mean specifically for this site I am not the maintainer.

Regards,
Iain.
Reading the noscript site it would seem that you get a javascript warning in your panel/taskbar already.
Yes. But almost all pages used JavaScript. But i only enable it, if i can't use the page without it and trust the page ;)

So i have disable the big "popup-line" in NoScript, because it appears on almost all pages ;)

Most pages used a <noscript> info, but some admins forgot to insert it.
well.. there are currently only a handful of places where you actually need javascript.. i guess before adding some <noscript> tag everywhere throughout the page it would make more sense to add fallbacks so it also works without it ...

(e.g. the preview could also be easily made by actually posting the whole page.. ) but for this .. i have to find all places i'm currently using javascript :)

i have created two issues for the two places i can think of .. forum post preview and wiki preview..

what do you think ? does this make more sense than just adding <noscript> tags ? (it has not a high priority .. but .. if you need it for your site you can still just add <noscript> tags in your base.html or whatever so you have it on all sites without modifying SCTs code.)
Hey, we have Signatures !!! Great, isn't it ? ;)

Please login to post a reply.